Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Eyelet Skirt

I better write quick before the children wake up, heh heh heh.

So I am slowly (and I mean slooooowly) busting through my fabric stash.  I seem to hit a wall whenever I go to sew something.  I either have the pattern, but not the fabric, or I have the fabric but them hem and haw over what to do with it.

This was the skirt that almost wasn't.....
My mom bought this black eyelet material for my sister about 6 years ago, she was supposed to make a graduation dress out of it.  She ended up buying a dress and I snatched up the material quickly.  There was quite a bit of it, so I used most of it to make a dress for a wedding I went to.  I found the rest of it on Monday, and was about to cut it into a top, but stopped and decided that I wanted a pretty skirt.  Because it is eyelet it is see through, so I found some other unused material in there and cut it into skirt lining.  I think it turned out better than I had hoped it would, and I will be wearing it out soon (date night perhaps?).

The first picture came out really dark because the flash was on, but it focused on a white bag that I cropped out.

 This is the skirt with the flash actually working.  I like the end result, even if it took a few days.
I should also mention that I just about killed my sewing machine a few weeks ago.  I had been messing with the tension, and then it just wouldnt work.  It took about a week of sewing, and yelling, and messing with the tension to get it back to "normal".  It will at least sew 2 pieces of cloth together now without unthreading completely.
Looks like its time to start saving for my "dream machine".

No comments:

Post a Comment