Mind you my work-out schedule is about to change so I can probably sew more after hours if I get home from the gym by 7pm and not 9pm. I need to start a list of things I want to sew and maybe the block won't seem so hards when it comes time to sit down and focus on my task at hand.
So here are things I want to get accomplished this year.
- Finish at least one UFO a month (I know it seems like a small task, but in the bigger picture, I have a ton of fabric that needs to get sewn)
- Make a mock up dress for my friends wedding (to see if the dress is appropriate attire for a bridesmaid to wear).
- Sew a skirt that I will actually wear out in public
- Sew a shirt with more structure (vs. a jersey knit t-shirt)
- Start sewing "gift bags", and using scrap material as ribbon so I have them on hand for birthday parties for quick wrapping duties.
- Only buy patterns that I know I can and will use more than once
- Keep interfacing on hand at all times
- Focus more on sewing a garment properly than how quickly I can sew it.
- Learn more about my measurements and how to read a pattern and correctly cut out the right size
- Blog both my successes and failures in sewing (because it might appear that I'm not sewing, but I am. I'm just not proud of all of them)