Monday, June 11, 2012

Blue Polka Dots

I think if I sew during nap time I could possibly get one dress or top or skirt done a week.  It might take me a while to bust through my stash but it seems like now that Ms.Baby takes longer naps I am able to do more.

I have had this skirt pattern on my -to sew- list for a while now (since before Ms.Baby came along).  

This is the skirt pattern cover

My finished product


The fabric for this skirt is a weird texture, sort of stiff, not very flowy, but I had enough of it that I wanted to try this skirt.  I think I will try making this skirt again, but next time I am going to use lighter weight material.  Until then I will be happy with the fact that I am finally able to start and  finish making my own clothes.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! My mom gave me her sewing machine & I'm trying to learn some sewing basics. Maybe one day soon I'll try to take on a (easy) pattern and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I follow a blog called "Tilly and the buttons" I think she was a non sewer when she started her blog and now her clothes are mostly hand made!

      Delete
    2. Thanks...I'll check it out!

      Delete