Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Finished Colour Block Shirt (with sleeves)

I know the pictures to this are sort of terrible, but since losing my "sewing area" and now sharing it with my hubbys office, it's cramed quarters, and nowhere to take pictures. So here it goes.

Here is the front section cut out but not sewn together.  I decided to put my purple colour in the middle to break up the blue/green I had going on
 Here is the top sewn together (but not pressed).  At this point it was that I realised that I made a good choice in the colour scheme (and happy I had to use brown instead of navy blue material). 

 Next I cut out sleeves.  I sort of "franken-patterned" this top.  I dug into my pattern stash and grabbed the first one that I saw had sleeves I had sewn before. Simplicity 4076 (which is apparently still in print)

I cut out the back and the sleeve at the same time.

 Sewed the shoulders together
 Then sewed on the sleeves (after that I forgot to take pictures).  I sewed up the side seams, and hemmed the bottom of the shirt with a twin needle.

I ended up cutting out bands to go around the sleeves because they weren't long enough, as well as making a make-shift neckband for the collar of my shirt. It doesn't look "perfect" on the dummy, but I am really happy with how it turned out.  however I really do need to get my serger in to be looked at, it's not running like it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment