Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My name is Plex, Plex, p p p p p p p p p p Plex!

So Booger Bears birthday is tomorrow, and I really wanted to make him something that he might actually enjoy, so I decided on this.
It's Plex from Yo Gabba Gabba.  I can't quite be 100% sure that Plex is his favourite, but judging by the fact that he grabbed a Plex Beanie Baby over the rest of the crew leads me to beleive he does like him the best.

It took a few days of back and forth to the fabric store, but I finished it!
I had sewed the yellow head on first without interfacing and holy crap was it awful!  I took the yellow off, put some interfacing onto the back of the shirt as well as all the other pieces, and it looks loads better!  The eyes are crooked, and there are bits that I don't like, but at the end of the day, no one can look at that shirt and not think it looks just like a magic robot!
Also, just to add an extra bit of love to the shirt, the blue used to be a shirt I LOVED in highschool.  I saved the shirt, hoping to someday use it for myself again and then one day I must have been too scissor happy and I ruined the shirt.  I guess I had saved it for some reason and  since my parents are visiting from Canada and they brought down one of my old fabric bins I discovered it there.  Now, the blue is being passed down to my son and maybe he will love his blue shirt as much as I loved mine.

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment